- Versatile: this versatile kit can be used for a broad range of applications, including precise bit plunging, edge forming, slot cutting, laminate trimming and dovetail cutting; making it one of the most widely used routers for woodworking
- Durability: aluminum construction makes this one of our most durable wood routers yet with wooden handles on a fixed base and a soft grip handle on a plunge base
- Ease of use: rounded hardwood handles maximize user control
- Convenient: With the built in constant response circuitry, our 1617EVSPK wood Router will maintain a constant speed throughout the cut, so you get cleaner, more accurate results
- Kit contents: Includes a plunge base, fixed base, 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch collet chucks, shaft wrench, collet nut wrench, chip shields and carrying case
The Bosch 2.25 HP plunge and fixed-base router kit is a versatile kit for a broad range of applications, including precise bit plunging, edge forming, slot cutting, laminate trimming and dovetail cutting. You can also use it with a router table. The kit features a 25, 000 RPM, 12 amp motor that delivers the power needed for smooth routing.
Handle a broad range of routing applications with the versatile Bosch 1617EVSPK Plunge and Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router Kit. This router kit includes a powerful motor with advanced speed control technology, precision bases, and plenty of advanced features to help get a variety of jobs done quickly and accurately.
|The Bosch 1617EVSPK Plunge and Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router Kit includes:
- EVS Motor (16176)
- Plunge base (RA1166)
- Fixed base (RA1161)
- Fixed base chip shield
- Plunge base chip shield
- 1/2-inch and 1/4-inch self-releasing collet chucks
- Comfortable forged 16-mm and 24-mm bit-change wrenches
- T-handle hex height-adjustment wrench
- Rugged carrying case
| Both bases feature the Bosch Precision Centering Design for accuracy and control.View larger.
Powerful, Variable-Speed Motor with Soft Start
Take care of even tough routing jobs with the powerful 2.25 HP/12 Amp motor and its versatile speed range of 8,000 to 25,000 RPM. The variable speed dial allows you to set the optimal speed for the routing task and material. And with built-in Constant Response Circuitry, your router will maintain a constant speed throughout the cut, so you get cleaner, more accurate results.
With the integrated soft-start feature, the motor reduces torque upon start-up for a much smoother transition and easier handling on your part.
Accurate Fixed and Plunge Base Cuts
This versatile kit provides all the components necessary for fixed-depth routing and plunge routing, as well. Microfine bit depth adjustment systems on both bases allow for accurate and fast bit depth adjustments. The microfine adjustment has an overall range of one inch and is accurate to 1/64 inch.
Both bases also feature the Bosch Precision Centering Design, which allows the bit to be centered with the subbase or optional template guides (sold separately). This makes it easier than ever to keep the bit on the intended cutting-line when using guidance devices such as jigs, templates, or dovetail fixtures.
Both of the included bases, fixed and plunge, feature quick clamp systems for quick tool-free conversions, so moving the motor between the two bases takes only seconds and requires no tools. The plunge base features soft grip handles for easier operation, and the fixed base includes threaded holes for mounting it to router tables. The fixed base’s advanced bit height adjustment system allows you to conveniently adjust the bit height from above the router table.
Rugged Design for Increased Durability
The Bosch 1617EVSPK Plunge and Fixed-Base Router Kit is durable and built for years of use. The motor housing and bases are now made of aluminum, and the power switch is now completely dust-sealed for added durability. The rugged carrying case keeps all of the components protected. This routing system is backed by a one-year limited warranty, 30-day money back guarantee, and one-year service protection plan.
What’s in the Box
EVS Motor (16176), plunge base (RA1166), fixed base (RA1161), fixed base chip shield, plunge base chip shield, 1/2-inch and 1/4-inch self-releasing collet chucks, comfortable forged 16-mm and 24-mm bit change wrenches, T-handle hex-height adjustment wrench, and rugged carrying case.
|The motor’s speed range features Constant Response Circuitry for clean, consistent results.View larger.