The Survival AO features an assisted opening blade that deploys reliably and quickly with one hand and responds for instant use when a survival situation demands it. Using Gerber’s FAST 2.0 technology, the Survival AO implements both a plunge lock and a safety lock. The safety barrel lock will keep the blade closed when in a pocket, or as a secondary lock when opened. Closing the knife is a simple one-hand process: after the plunge lock is released, simply press it down against a firm surface. With its partially serrated 3-inch 7Cr17MoV steel blade, the Bear Grills Survival AO’s robust action works capably to cut, rip, tear and slice, whether it’s box tape in a warehouse or branches for shelter in the woods. The handle is made of durable glass filled nylon with the familiar rubber over-mold for a solid grip in all conditions. A removable pocket clip and lanyard hole provide multiple carry options, insuring the Survival AO stands at the ready until summoned.
- Spring assisted opening with dual thumb studs and plunge lock
- Drop point, half serrated blade made with 7Cr17MoV steel
- Features a lanyard hold and pocket clip
- Rubber over mold handle for improved grip
- Overall length 7.4 Inch; blade length 3 Inch; weight 3.3 ounces